High Energy Physics Owes Debt to Nobel Laureate Georges Charpak
He developed a host of particle detectors and won the 1992 Nobel Prize for his ground breaking multiwire proportional chamber which revolutionized particle physics. Find resources with additional information about Georges Charpak at the OSTI DOE R&D Accomplishments website. DOE R&D Accomplishments is a central forum for information about significant outcomes of past DOE R&D widely recognized as remarkable advancements in science.
More like this
- Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Nobel Prizes for Two DOE-associated Researchers
- Owen Chamberlain, the Antiproton, and Polarized Targets
- Olah discovered superacids, cleared path for "methanol economy"
- Thin films, tunneling, and superconductivity research info at DOE R&D Accomplishments website
- Research begets research, look to 1940s for today's state-of- the-art innovation