Drupal Module Links
Monitoring the Drupal developer community for new software modules can be both time consuming and rewarding. You need to do this even though Drupal provides security alerts which are built into Drupal's user interface by default. You also need to do this in addition to the Drupal site status report which integrates your inventory of themes and modules with Drupal.org.
Someone in your extended Drupal support team should frequently monitor Drupal.org for new software modules. A good place to start is to use Drupal.org's filtered module search to find new titles that include module names that you have already installed on your site. For example, if you use the taxonomy module then titles like Taxonomy Menu and Taxonomy Manager may also be useful.
For software engineers and lead developers I recommend the following video.
Drupal Modules Used on OSTI Sites
- Taxonomy, create vocabularies with complex word taxonomies used to described web page content
- Views, RSS feeds, display templates
- CCK, UI for image, text, URL data entry and HTML positioning
- Vertical Tabs, for UI presentation of data entry / content management options
- Apache Solr / Lucene, for more-like-this semantic functionality and faceted search UI functionality
- Panels, advanced positioning of text and image content
- Messaging, base functionality for email, SMS, Twitter communications
- Private Messages, UI and storate for online messaging between two or more registered users on a Drupal site
- Notifications, UI and storage for personalized notifications of new content
- Organic Groups, enable UI, storage, and access control to content
- more to come...