Department of Energy Announces up to $40 Million in Available Funding for Next Generation Nuclear Plants
U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced today that up to $40 million in funding will be available from the Department of Energy to support design and planning work for the Next Generation Nuclear Plant (NGNP). Next Generation Nuclear Plants will use new, high temperature, gas-cooled reactor technologies to integrate multiple industrial applications in one plant or facility, such as generating electricity while refining petroleum.
Tags for Department of Energy Announces up to $40 Million in Available Funding for Next Generation Nuclear Plants
More like this
- Department of Energy Announces $40 Million to Develop the Next Generation Nuclear Plant
- New Research Center to Increase Safety and Power Output of U.S. Nuclear Reactors
- Department of Energy Announces $120 Million to Support Development of Innovative Manufacturing Processes
- Department of Energy Offers Severstal Dearborn, LLC a $730 Million Conditional Loan Commitment for Michigan Project
- What's in the OSTI Legacy Collection?