Reply to comment
The Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI) is a component of the Office of Science within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). OSTI's mission is to advance science and sustain technological creativity by making R&D findings available and useful to DOE researchers and the American people. Accelerating science by increasing the contact rates among scientific communities is a priority for OSTI.
Sharing scientific and technical information is integral to OSTI’s mission. OSTI objective is to make R&D findings available and useful, so that science and technological creativity can advance.
- DOE Information Bridge provides access to over 230,000 fully searchable, full-text technical reports documenting the results of DOE-sponsored research.
- DOE R&D Accomplishments highlights outcomes of past DOE research and development which have had significant economic impact, improved people’s lives, or been widely recognized as a remarkable advance in science.
- DOE R&D Project Summaries contains information on ongoing or recently completed DOE-sponsored research projects.
- DOE Data Explorer searches collections of DOE scientific research data, such as computer simulations, figures and plots, interactive maps, multimedia, numeric files and scientific images.
- DOepatents provides a searchable database of patent information resulting from DOE-sponsored research and development.
- Energy Science and Technology Software Center provides a searchable database of DOE's centralized software management facility.
- E-Print Network: Research Communications for Scientists and Engineers provides single-query searching of over 5 million e-print documents in basic and applied sciences residing on over 32,000 websites, as well as a deep web search across 52 major e-print databases.
- Energy Citations Database offers over 2.6 million bibliographic records of DOE scientific and technical information from 1943 to the present, with links to full-text when available.
- Science Conference Proceedings provides single-query searching of conference papers and proceedings on multiple websites and databases.
- Federal R&D Project Summaries provides cross-search of more than 750,000 R&D project summaries in databases at DOE and eight other leading science agencies.
- DOE Green Energy provides a portal to green energy DOE technical report literature about various forms of green energy, including solar, wind, bioenergy, and others.
- Science Accelerator provides single-query searching of important information resources of DOE scientific and technical information.
- EnergyFiles, the Energy Science and Technology Virtual Library, provides single-query access to over 500 databases and websites containing information and resources pertaining to science and technology of interest to DOE, with an emphasis on the physical sciences.
- Science.gov OSTI hosts this USA.gov science portal in collaboration with 18 organizations within 14 Federal science agencies, many of which are also members of CENDI, a cooperative group of scientific and technical information (STI) managers of 14 federal agencies and programs. Science.gov provides a gateway to over 2,000 websites and offers deep web searching of more than 42 databases containing science information and R&D results.
- WorldWideScience provides a global science gateway - accelerating scientific discovery and progress through a multilateral partnership to enable federated searching of national and international scientific databases and portals.
OSTI's entire line of electronic products may be accessed through its home page atwww.osti.gov, where users may search multiple databases with one query.
- Atomic Energy Act of 1946
- 1946 - Atomic Energy Act PL 79-585 (created the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission)
- 1954 - Atomic Energy Act Amendments PL 83-703
- 1974 - Energy Reorganization Act of 1974 PL 93-438 (Split the AEC into the Energy Research and Development Administration and theNuclear Regulatory Commission)
- 1977 - Department of Energy Organization Act PL 95-91 (Dismantled ERDA and replaced it with the Department of Energy)
- 2005 - Energy Policy Act PL 109-58
- 2007 - America COMPETES Act PL 110-69