Specific questions concerning equipment should be directed to the point of contact responsible for the item(s) under consideration. This information is listed on the "Equipment Information" page, as well as on the grant award e-mail sent to the applicant.
Step 1: Search and Apply for Equipment
Note: If you know the Item Control Number of the equipment you need, you may go directly to the on-line application.
Please follow these procedures to "Search Equipment" and apply for equipment using the LEDP Online Application:
- Select the "Search Equipment" menu link.
- Enter the type of equipment desired into the search box or choose the "Equipment List" link, which will allow you see a complete list of available equipment.
- Select the "Item Control Number" for the desired equipment. This will open the "Equipment Information" page.
- If you will be applying for this particular item, it is recommended that you print the "Equipment Information" page for your records.
- Click on the "To Apply" link to open the LEDP Online Application.
- Fill in all the required information on the Application, and click the "Submit" button.
- The application will be sent to the relevant Organizational Property Management Officer (OPMO) for approval.
Step 2: Application Approval Process
After you have submitted a completed application, it is sent to the respective DOE office for approval. The Organizational Property Management Officer (OPMO) at that office has 14 days to review an application. When an application is approved, the OPMO will notify the grantee via e-mail. Unapproved application e-mail notifications will list the reason for the disapproval.
Step 3: Arrange for Packing and Shipping Equipment
Within one week of acceptance of this grant, the requesting institution must call or e-mail the point of contact to coordinate packing and shipping.
The responsibility for coordinating and paying the costs associated with equipment delivery rests with the requesting institution. Such costs normally consist of packing, crating, shipping, and insurance, and are limited to actual costs. The grant award notification e-mail will contain the name and contact information of the person with whom you must coordinate the shipment.