Publications about OSTI
- May 2010
- Federated search as a transformational technology enabling knowledge discovery: the role of WorldWideScience.org (692-KB PDF), published in: Interlending & Document Supply Vol 38 Issue 2 pp. 82-92
- One of the few articles to describe in depth the important work being done by the U.S. Office of Scientific and Technical Information in the field of search and discovery
- With tools such as Science.gov and WorldWideScience.org, the patron gains access to multiple, geographically dispersed deep web databases and can search all of the constituent sources with a single query.
- Spring 2009
- A Unique Insight into Department of Energy Research Accomplishments: A Special Collection
- The Bulletin of IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries featured the DOE R&D Accomplishments
- A Unique Insight into Department of Energy Research Accomplishments: A Special Collection was written by OSTI staff member Mary Schorn, who is product manager of DOE R&D Accomplishments. Landmark documents such as The Eightfold Way: A Theory of Strong Interaction Symmetry and The First Weighing of Plutonium are among approximately 300 specially-selected documents included in the collection. A fact card and poster are available for download with the Bulletin’s feature. DOE R&D Accomplishments is a central forum for information about the outcomes of past DOE R&D widely recognized as remarkable advances in science.
Last updated on Wednesday 15 June 2016