OSTI & Journals: Building Relationships
Articles Cited by DOE Labs
• OSTI receives some citation information from DOE labs for DOE-sponsored research published in peer-reviewed journals
Potential to Collaborate with Publishers
• Number of citations for a specific publisher to be analyzed
• For example: For Wiley journals, since 2002, approx. 1000 citations reported to OSTI for research published in 165 Wiley journals.
• DOIs were obtained from CrossRef for only 50% of the Wiley citations - an area for improvement.
• Wiley-OSTI pilot project recently initiated.
• Addition of "Funding Agency" as a metadata field is a start.
DOE STI Program
Scientific and Technical
Information Program (STIP)
Science Research Connection