Summary: Accreditation & Continuous Improvement Committee Meeting Minutes: April 2, 2008
Attendees: Eve Riskin (Chair), Martin Afromowitz (EE), Tom Anderson (CSE), Jim Borgford-Parnell (CELT), Rick Gustafson
(PSE), Brad Holt (CHEM E), Tom Horbett (BioE), John Kramlich (ME), Uy-Loi Ly (AA), Mariko Navin (for CEE), Fumio
huchi (MSE), Kellus Stone (for IND E) , Janice Henderson (CoE).O
Absent: Lucien Brush (MSE), Don Janssen (CEE), Karen Kasonic (TC), Richard Storch (IND E).
DISCUSS RESPONSES TO THE DRAFT STATEMENT FROM ABET
AA, BIO, CEE, EE, IE, MSE, ME, and PSE brought dtafts of their reponses. Civil and Industrial are working with
Edwin Jones on their responses. Some of the suggestions made today were:
· Be specific when describing facility acquisitions say how much money was received, give the dates that
equipment will be acquired, and say when the courses are taught.
· Describe "plans", not "intensions". Say, "we are purchasing" not "we are in the process of purchasing".
· Make sure an "Objective" is not worded like an "outcome".
· On alumni and employee surveys used to assess program educational objectives, make sure the questions are
worded for "learning outcomes" and not worded for "assessments".
· Include the old and new versions of Table 1: Basic Level Curriculum .