Errata List March 2, 2011
Numerical Methods for Elliptic and Parabolic Partial Differential
by Peter Knabner & Lutz Angermann,
Springer-Verlag, New York, 2003,
This is a list of all known errata in the first printing of the book, where
corrections or supplements are indicated by (C) or (S), respectively.
Further comments are gratefully welcome.
1. p. 20, l. 18: (C) has to specified is to be replaced by has to be specified.
2. p. 46, l. 7: (C) lies structural is to be replaced by lies in structural.
3. p. 81, l. -7-4: (C) The first two sentences of the last paragraph can be
misunderstood. They should be replaced by: Replace the jth row of Ah
by the jth unit vector and (qh)j by g(aj) , if u(x) = g(x) is prescribed
for x . To conserve the symmetry of the matrix Ah modify the
right-hand side (qh)i for i = j to (qh)i - (Ah)ijg(aj) and after that
replace the jth column of Ah by the jth unit vector.
4. p. 93, l. 3: (C) v V issatisfied is to be replaced by v V is satisfied.
5. p. 99, Ex. 3.1(b): (C) T L[V, V ] is to be replaced by T : V V .