Summary: Data Collection on XPERT XRD with new X'celerator Detector
Only two slits are used for the new detector. A divergence slit (S1) and an anti-scatter slit (S2).
Because the resolution is determined mostly by the pixel size of the detector, using smaller slit does
not necessarily improve the resolution. Several settings with typical applications are listed below
S1 S2 Intensity (%) Resolution (Deg) Comments
1 2 100 0.10 Recommended for most powder & thin film
½ 1 55 0.08 Use this only if resolution is important
¼ ½ 28 0.08 Do not use this!
1/16 1/8 N/A N/A Use this only for SAXS measurements. Mininum
2Theta is 0.5 deg.
Starting Data Collector
1. Start DATA COLLECTOR program and log in
2. Click `INSTRUMENT' ->'CONNECT'
3. In list of configurations, choose `X'celerator & PRS', and click `OK"
4. Click `OK' in pop up information window. Once instrument is online, control panel is located
on the left of the window.
5. From the menu on the top, choose `CUSTOMIZE -> OPTIONS', and in the pop up window,
click on `POWDER' and choose configuration to be `X'celerator & PRS'. THIS STEP IS