Summary: ON THE TRANSFER OF DISTRIBUTIONS:
WEIGHTED ORBITAL INTEGRALS
1. Multiple groups
2. K-groups and transfer factors
3. The conjectural transfer identity
4. A generalization of weighted orbital integrals
5. The corresponding endoscopic construction
6. Stable splitting formulas
7. Stable descent formulas
8. Local vanishing theorems
9. Towards a stable local trace formula
10. A simple application
* Supported in part by NSERC Operating Grant A3483.
Let G be a connected reductive group over a local field of characteristic 0. The
trace formula leads directly to the study of a certain family of distributions on G(F).