Summary: Decisions for Rebranding
· Issues with existing Athletics & Recreation marks & brand identity
· It was apparent that Athletics & Recreation suffered from
considerable brand confusion and lacked consistency across
programs and teams.
· Athletic Director formed an internal group (staff) to examine the
issue and develop a brief that would identity these issues and
provide direction with respect to how the department would like to
· A leader of the internal group was established to lead the project
and develop a plan for re- branding.
· Marketing & Communications were brought into the process at this
point to assist in the development of the official marketing brief and
to provide guidance through next steps.
· It was collectively decided this project would be best handled by an
outside firm. A professional design firm would bring objectivity to the
· When coupled with internal guidance of A&R, it was determined that