Summary: A method to avoid the sign problem
in finite density lattice QCD
(Brookhaven National Laboratory)
Existence of the critical point in finite density lattice QCD
Physical Review D77 (2008) 014508 [arXiv:0706.3549]
Canonical partition function and finite density phase transition in lattice QCD
Physical Review D 78 (2008) 074507[arXiv:0804.3227]
ECT* workshop ``Sign Problems and Complex Actions''
(Trento, March 2-6, 2009)
QCD thermodynamics at 0
· Interesting properties of QCD
Measurable in heavy-ion collisions
Critical point at finite density
· Methods for the high density region: required
· Most difficult problem: "sign problem"
In this talk
· Propose a method to avoid the sign problem.
· Discuss an effective potential as a function of the total quark number
and the nature of phase transitions at finite density.