Summary: Last updated: 02/06/2010
Background and Context
The Equalities Implementation Group (EIG) was established in
November 2007. The group is chaired by the University's Diversity
Champion, Professor Nick Foskett and supported by the Diversity
team, Kamaljit Kerridge-Poonia, Diversity Manager and Sunny Takhar,
The purpose of this group is to:
· Provide leadership on the equality and diversity agenda across
the university linked to the work of the Diversity Team.
· Work towards ensuring integration and mainstreaming of the
equality and diversity agenda throughout the University.
· Communicate key concerns and issues to UEG, and key
university committees as appropriate.
· Develop and support culture change programmes to ensure that
the University develops ongoing and sustainable change.
· Monitor progress on the university's various equality plans as
required by legislation.
Developing a Diversity Champion's network across the university is