Summary: Rewards and Recognition Policy, Improved Productivity Award, revised 11/21/05
Date of Plan: August 24, 2001
Organization: School of Medicine
Contact Person: Anne Kromkowski, Director of Budget and Compensation, 924-5369
1) Name of Recognition & Reward Program: Improved Productivity Award
2) Goal/Objective: Recognize individual and/or exemplary efforts and provide an incentive to meet
performance/productivity targets. This award will be presented at the departmental level.
3) Business Reason(s) for Using Program: Encourage employees to think creatively of ways to improve
performance, work as a team, and think more broadly about the impact of their efforts on the unit.
4) Nomination Process, if applicable: The department sets specific goals and standards for each level,
with review and written approval by the Dean prior to implementation.
5) Criteria to Be Used to Differentiate Levels of Awards:
- Department outlines standards and incentives for each level of achievement.
- Incentives are flexible to the permitted policy caps.
6) Approval Process: Department head compares achievements to the goals and standards.
7) Communication Plan:
a) How do you plan to communicate the program to employees or teams, if applicable?
- Periodic reminders at meetings of department heads and administrators; e-mail announcements
and letter from Dean to department heads and administrators, announcements to Employee