Summary: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA BARBARA
Department of Physics
Prof. S. Giddings Fall 2010
Relativistic Quantum Field Theory
Basic texts on field theory (many of these are available at the library):
· M. Srednicki, An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory.
A good pedagogical approach.
· M. Peskin and D. Schroeder, An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory.
Good text with a wide coverage of topics.
· P. Ramond, Field Theory, a Modern Primer.
Good elementary text beginning with path integral approach.
· S. Weinberg, The Quantum Theory of Fields, Vol. I, II, and III.
Useful and modern encyclopedic reference.
· T. Banks, Modern Quantum Field Theory: A Concise Introduction.
Thin volume with a lot of useful perspectives.
· K. Huang, Quantum Field Theory: From Operators to Path Integrals.
Another fairly modern text, beginning with the operator approach.
· F. Mandl and G. Shaw, Quantum Field Theory.