Summary: APPLICATION FOR THE JOHN R. SHEELER
GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP IN AFRICAN AMERICAN STUDIES
This form is to be completed only by students who have been admitted into a graduate program at the
University of Houston.
To be eligible for the graduate fellowship in African American Studies after submitting a completed
· You must be admitted into a graduate department and in pursuit of a specific graduate degree
· You must be enrolled as a full-time student (9 credit hours) or be full-time certified, if eligible,
during the receipt of the fellowship
· You must be actively pursuing the Graduate Certificate in African American Studies
· You must not be an employee of the University of Houston.
An Application for the John R. Sheeler Graduate Fellowship in African American Studies must be received
in the office of African American Studies, 629 Agnes Arnold Hall, by the deadlines specified. The
application must include the following information.
· A completed application form dated and signed.
· Official UH document indicating current cumulative GPA.
· A personal letter of intent. This MUST be no more than two double-spaced, typewritten pages
summarizing: 1) area of research study/interest in the Graduate Certificate in African American
Studies; and 2) educational objectives.