· Carnegie Institute of Technology (1959-1961); Simmons College, Mathematics, BS, 1963.
· MIT, Mathematics, PhD, 1968.
· UC Berkeley, Mathematics, Postdoctoral Fellow, 1968-1969.
· Mills College, Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, 1999.
· Distinguished Career Professor of Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh
PA, 1999- present.
· Co-Director/Co-PI, the NSF-ALADDIN Center for ALgorithm ADaptation Dissemination and
Integration, Carnegie Mellon, 2000-present.
· Faculty Advisor, Women@SCS, 1999-present, Women@IT, 2003-present.
· Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematics, City University of Hong Kong, 1996-1998.
· Deputy Director, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley CA, 1992-1997.
· Visiting Scientist, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights NY, Fall 1987.
· NSF (VPW) Visiting Prof, Department of Mathematics, Graduate Center, CUNY, 1984-85.
· Research Scientist, International Computer Science Institute, Berkeley CA, 1988-2000.
· Mills College, Oakland, CA, 1973-96: Head/Co-Head and Founder, Dept. of Mathematics and