Summary: FACULTY OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada S4S 0A2
Phone: 306.585.4161 Fax: 306.337.2444
Congratulations on receiving a graduate award that will help you reach your academic objectives.
Donors get a great deal of satisfaction for many and varied personal reasons when they set up a
scholarship award. Your acknowledgement of their contribution strengthens their commitment to
graduate education at the University of Regina.
Here are some tips for writing a letter of appreciation to the donor:
1. It is a real letter be sincere
2. Include the name of the award in your letter because some donors support more than one
3. Describe how you will use the funds, referring to your field of study and the status of your
4. Proofread carefully for spelling or grammatical errors
5. Make sure the donor receives your letter promptly
Template: On the following page you will find a brief draft (template) of some wording you may choose
for your letter.
Congratulations and best wishes for your continued success.