Summary: U N I V E R S I T Y o f H O U S T O N
PHI THETA KAPPA SCHOLARSHIP 2010-2011
The University of Houston is proud to announce the commitment of funds for Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships.
This transfer scholarship is for Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society members who intend to pursue
their first baccalaureate degree at the University of Houston. Students are eligible to apply when they
initially transfer to the University of Houston. This is a competitive academic scholarship; financial need is
not a criterion. (Current and former UH students are NOT eligible to apply for this scholarship)
The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship will be given as a one year award in the amount of $1200 ($600 per
semester) and is not renewable. PTK scholarship applications will be considered as long as funding is
Please submit ALL the following items in one packet.
Incomplete packets will not be reviewed for scholarship consideration.
(1) Completed Phi Theta Kappa scholarship application.
(2) Proof of Phi Theta Kappa membership with (1) "PTK Member" printed or stamped on your college
transcript OR (2) a letter from the chapter advisor. Photocopies of your PTK certificate or id card is
(3) Two letters of recommendation from professors, counselors, advisors or employers.
(4) List of honors/activities in resume or essay format.
(5) Official college transcript(s) that are sealed in the issuing institution's envelope.
The following conditions apply: