Summary: Linear Algebra II:
Spring 2010, MWF 10:2011:10 in the CE 222
Professor: Michael Anshelevich, 326 Milner, email@example.com, 8456679 (please
Office hours: MTW 11:3012:30, or by appointment.
Textbooks: Friedberg, Insel & Spence, LINEAR ALGEBRA, 4th edition, Pearson Prentice Hall,
ISBN 0130084514. A supplementary text, primarily for the Honors section, is LINEAR ALGEBRA
DONE WRONG by Treil (see the web page for a link).
Prerequisites: Math 222, and Math 304 or equivalent. In other words, a "proofs course" and a
linear algebra course.
· Vector spaces: general theory and examples.
· Linear transformations, matrices, and the relationship between them.
· Determinants: a brief review.
· Eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and diagonalization.
· Inner product spaces.
· Special classes of operators.
· Jordan canonical form.