Summary: Cal. State University Channel Islands Spring 2007
Syllabus for Math 590: Topology
Instructor: Dr. Mohamed Ait Nouh
Email: email@example.com Voice: 805-437-2740
Office: My office is 268, located on the second floor of Sage Hall.
· Topology (second Edition), by James Munkres
The following Textbooks are strongly recommended:
· Algebraic Topology, by Allen Hatcher
· Basic Topology, by M. A. Armstrong
· Essential Topology, by Martin D. Crossley
· The Knot book, by Collin Adams
Course outcome: This course is a preparation for Masters students who are willing to pursue
a Ph.D. degree. We will cover the essentials of topology and algebraic topology including topological
spaces and continuous functions, compactness, identification spaces, Fundamental groupand covering
spaces, Classification of surfaces, homotopy theory, simplicial and singular homology, Knot theory.
· Tuesday: 7 : 00 - 9 : 00PM