Summary: Academic Advising: rights of students
1. The right to an advisor who fulfills the College of
Agriculture and Life Sciences advising goals and
2. The right to timely access to an assigned advisor.
3. The right to protection and review of academic
advising-related files and materials in accordance with
the Family Educational Privacy Act.
4. The right to receive pertinent and accurate
information as needed for academic planning.
5. The right to change your academic advisor assignment.
6. The right to clear procedures for communicating
opinions about the quality of advising help provided.
7. The right to make your own decisions.
Academic advising: faculty goals
1. To inspire students to understand their freedom of
2. To encourage students to accept active responsibility
for academic progress and planning.
3. To assist students in exploring short-term,