Summary: ENSE 623 Systems Validation and Verification
Established Approaches to System Validation/Verification
Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland, College Park
Table of Contents
1. Definition and Importance
2. Flowdown from UML Diagrams
3. Types and Levels of Validation and Verification
4. Detection of System Defects
5. Coverage- and Specification-Based Testing
· General approach, specification-based testing in DAS-BOOT.
6. Role of Traceability in Validation/Verification
7. Writing Verification Requirements
8. Verification Traceability Matrices
Definition and Complementary Roles
· Verification "are we building the product right?"