Summary: November 15, 2001 Senate Minutes
1 of 6 2/18/2007 2:54 PM
Meeting of the Faculty Senate, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences
November 15, 2001
Approved, with corrections, on January 17, 2002
1. Call to Order: Presiding Officer Irwin Bernstein called the meeting to order at 3:33 pm.
2. Identification of Proxies and Visitors:
Proxies: Senator Robert Rumely for Edward Azoff (Mathematics); Senator Nina Hellerstein for Steven
Grossvogel (Romance Languages); Senator David Leigh for Ikubolajeh Logan (Geography); Stefanie
Crumbley for Jean Martin (Music) and Stephen Valdez (Music); Senator Renaldo Roman for Claudio Saunt
(History); and Senator Alisa Luxenberg for Gene Wright (Art). Absent: Gary Barrett - Second Absence -
(Ecology); Dezso Benedek - Fourth Absence - (Comparative Literature); Charles Eidsvik - Second Absence -
(Drama); and Ervan Garrison (Geology). 36 Present, 4 Absent. Visitor: Former Senator Paul Gurian
3. Approval of the Minutes for the meeting of 20 September, 2001 with one correction.
4. Approval of the Minutes for the meeting of 23 October, 2001 with one correction.
One of the two Senators from Political Science was not attending because he believed his department was no
longer in The College of Arts and Sciences. Dean Wyatt Anderson agreed that the department is not now in
Arts and Sciences.
5. Remarks by the Presiding Officer: