Summary: University of California, Santa Barbara
Coversheet for Statement, Achievements, and Résumé/CV
Legal Family Name (Surname) First Name Middle Name
Proposed Department Emphasis Degree
1) Type each of the three required documents below on a separate sheet (i.e., three separate documents).
2) Make two copies of each document. Fill out two copies of this coversheet.
3) Put together two packets of documents. Each packet should contain the following: 1) Coversheet, 2) Statement of
Purpose, 3) Personal Achievements/Contributions, and 4) Resume/CV. Staple each packet in the upper left hand
corner. Please mail the two copies of your packet to your prospective academic department.
1. Statement of Purpose: Give a brief statement outlining your reasons for undertaking a graduate program, your particular
area of specialization within the major field, your past academic work, and your plans for future occupation or profession. Also
include any additional information that may assist the selection committee in evaluating your preparation and aptitude for graduate
study at UC Santa Barbara.
2. Personal Achievements/Contributions: UC Santa Barbara is interested in a diverse and inclusive graduate student
population. Please describe any aspects of your personal background, accomplishments, or achievements that you feel are important
in evaluating your application for graduate study. For example, please describe if you have experienced economic challenges in
achieving higher education, such as being financially responsible for family members or dependents, having to work significant hours