Summary: NEW EMPLOYEE I-9 AUTHORIZATION PROCESS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services require all employees to complete the
Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 and present original unexpired documents
establishing identity and employment eligibility. To ensure compliance please follow the
1. Fill out the New Employee Authorization Form (NEAF), located on HR website
under HR Forms New Hire Package.
2. If applicable, include the employee PeopleSoft/ePAR number on NEAF form.
3. Give employee a copy of the list of acceptable documents.
4. Do not instruct employee of the documents they can present (this is against
the law). Employee must personally determine the documents they will present to
verify their employment eligibility using the list of acceptable documents as their
5. Inform new employee of timeframe for completion and consequences if not in
6. Direct employee to:
Human Resources Service Center (HRSC)
325 McElhinney Hall (bldg 588 on campus map)