Summary: 19th Annual North Idaho Chili Cook-off Competition
Friday, October 7th, 2011
Sponsored by the University of Idaho Food Science Club
1. Your chili must equal approximately 1.0 gallon in volume (e.g., 1 crockpot).
2. Your chili may not contain any form of game meat.
3. If your chili contains meat, the meat must be cooked thoroughly at 155°F.
4. Vegetarian and lentil chili permitted.
5. Your chili must be presented Friday, October 7th, 2011 between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. at the tents outside the
Agricultural Science Building. The chili must be presented in a stand alone, electric heatable cookery (e.g.,
crockpot), and must exhibit a minimum temperature of 140°F for entry into the competition. The chili must be
prepared fresh, that morning or the evening before, and be maintained at a minimum temperature of 140°F until
officially entered in the contest. (Chili should not be prepared, refrigerated, and reheated.)
**Note that your entry will not be accepted if it fails to meet this requirement due to food safety concern.**
6. After entry your chili becomes property of the University of Idaho Food Science Club.
7. Paid competitor registration forms will be accepted no later than Thursday, October 6th, 2011
at 5:00 p.m. Applications may be sent to: School of Food Science, University of Idaho,
Attn: Ms. Gayle Gleason, P.O. Box 442312, Moscow, ID 83844-2312 or delivered to Room 111 in the Agricultural
Science Building between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.. All checks should be made payable to "University of Idaho
Food Science Club". Please contact Ms. Gayle Gleason at (208) 885-0707 for additional information.