Summary: Why bother about communicating?Why bother about communicating?
· Communicating your work is THE most important task in your career
/· This is not about being funny and/or artistic, and definitely not about
making me happy
Correlation #1:The higher your GRE, MCAT, GMAT the better you will do
· maybe not in psychology but you are engineers
Correlation #2: The better your writing and/or your presentation is the
stronger your technical content will be
· the most critical part of an interview is the seminar
Enough experiential evidence exists to make BOTH these statements trueg p
· It is not just about having an idea. It is about convincing your peers and
your community that your idea matters. You do this through you
publications, reports and presentations.
In science the credit goes to the man who convinces the world not to the In science the credit goes to the man who convinces the world, not to the
man to whom the idea first occurs Sir Francis Darwin
· By the way ... it's not just me ...
Technical writing is not MYSTERY
Why should I waste my time?