Summary: Project 150 points total
1. Proposal (15 points): Due October 27th: Five page problem introduction (with
references). Turn in a hard copy in class and submit a copy via the normal
method. In your writeup, use blue italics for statements that are dreams (rather
than actually completed research). Use green bold font for statements which
reflect your original ideas.
2. Elevator Speech on Research (10 points): Due October 27th
. This is an oral, 3
minutes presentation of what you intend to do. No powerpoints or visuals are
used for this.
3. Research Paper (100 points): Due December 16th. Turn in a hard copy in class
and submit a copy via Eagle. With this, turn in your research diary (which
contains links to papers or the pdf itself). See project grading guide so you know
how it will be graded.
4. Presentation (15 points) Due December 15th. You will present the paper during
the final examination period. Plan on about a twenty minute time period (and
about 12 power point slides) with five minutes for questions. See the presentation
grading guide so you know how it will be graded.
5. Critique (10 points) Due December 15th. You will be given points for your