Summary: AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF BEIRUT
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
EECE691C Digital Signal Processing Laboratory Week 3
Digitization of Signals Lab
In this lab three experiments will be performed as follow:
Sine wave generation and display with quantization effects.
64x64 image display and negative computation using on board memory.
Musical Notes Generation.
1) Sine Wave Generation
- Open project named "sine.mak" in Code Composer Studio.
- Examine the code source "sine.c". The values of the sine wave are stored in Sine_Table
buffer variable. What is the size of the buffer? Write a MATLAB function to generate
the hexadecimal values stored in Sine_Table.
- Display the buffer values on Time Scale Graph.
- Apply quantization effects to the sine wave by masking out the least significant 4, 6,
and 8 bits respectively.
- Display the graphic results of each output stream and describe the differences between
waveforms represented by different wordlength.
2) Image Display