Summary: Confidentiality Statement
In this nursery we work very closely with families and outside agencies and there is a possibility
that we will come into contact with confidential information. Confidential information is
information of some sensitivity, which is not lawfully in the public domain or readily available from
another public source. In this setting it is our intention to respect the privacy of children and their
parents. We aim to ensure that all parents can share information in the confidence that it will only
be used to enhance the welfare of their child.
The nursery will respect confidentiality in the following way:-
· Parents will have ready access to the records of their own child/children, but will not have access
to information about any other child.
· Any discussions on a child's development will be done so within their immediate age group. This
will be used for the purpose of planning and group management. Parents will be kept informed of
their child's progress and development.
· Information given by parents to the nursery staff will not be passed on to other adults without
· Information shared with the setting will always be addressed with the parents and checked
whether the parent regards this information as confidential or not.
· Some parents sometimes share information about themselves with other parents as well as staff,
the setting cannot be held responsible if information is shared beyond those parents whom the