Summary: Sponsored by: UGA Math Department and UGA Math Club
Written test, 25 problems / 90 minutes
October 13, 2007
1. At the top of the left of side 1 of your scan-tron answer sheet, fill in your last
name, skip a space, fill in your first name, and then bubble in both appropriately.
Below the name, in the center, fill in your 4-digit Identification Number
and bubble it in.
2. This is a 90-minute, 25-problem exam.
3. Scores will be computed by the formula
10 · C + 2 · B + 0 · I ,
where C is the number of questions answered correctly, B is the number left
blank, and I the number of questions answered incorrectly. Random guessing
will not, on average, improve one's score.
4. No calculators, slide rules, or any other such instruments are allowed.
5. Scratchwork may be done on the test and on the three blank pages at the end
of the test. Credit will be given only for answers marked on the scan-tron sheet.
6. If you finish the exam before time is called, turn in your scan-tron sheet to the
person in the front and then exit through the rear doors.
7. If you need another pencil, more scratch paper, or require other assistance