Summary: Page 1 of 3
Polytechnic President Jerry MacArthur Hultin
May 18, 2010
How great it is to be in Radio City Music Hall with a few of my best friends!
What a great morning to be at Radio City Music Hall!
· Welcome to the graduates of the class of 2010 and all your families and friends
with you today;
· Welcome to the graduates of the class of 1960 our Golden Jubilee alumni;
· ... to the faculty, staff, and trustees of the Institute;
· Welcome to the Provost of New York University, David McLaughlin; and
· And greetings to our Honorary Degree recipient, Dr. Irving McPhail.
Poly graduates! You have accomplished a great deal, not just in making it through your
studies here at NYU-Poly, but also in your lives outside your academic endeavors. In
the classrooms, lunch lines, athletic events at Poly, you have told me of your
achievements and triumphs, your losses and heartbreaks, and here we are today ...
I saw you give your time, energy, and passion to causes outside of the classrooms and
labs. You mobilized to support relief efforts in response to the devastating earthquakes
in Haiti and Chile.