Summary: University of Regina Faculty of Business Administration
BUS 275 - 001 Winter 2012 Page 1 of 3
BUS 275 Section 001, Winter 2012
Operations Management (OM)
1. Class time: T, R from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. in ED 623
2. Instructor: Romulus Cismaru
3. Office: 540.9 Education Building
4. Office phone: 585 - 4040
5. E-mail: Romulus.Cismaru@uregina.ca (or UR Courses mail)
6. Office hours: by appointment
7. Text book: Principles of Operations Management, Custom Edition for BUS 275,
Selections from Principles of Operations Management, 8th Edition by Jay
Heizer, and Barry Render (ISBN 978-1-256-18073-9). Please bring the text
book with you for every class.
8. Course summary: BUS 275 is an introduction to managing operations in service and
manufacturing organizations. Operations (or production) creates the product
and therefore is the function that adds the most value to an enterprise.
Topics will include: project management, forecasting, quality management,
location and layout strategies and supply-chain management. Problems of
production of both goods and services will be considered.