Summary: Mann Library Equipment Policies*
· All equipment is available on a first-come, first-served walk in basis. No reservations will be taken. Current availability can be checked online at
· Hours of checkout availability: NO CHECKOUTS AFTER 10PM, OR WITHIN 1 HOUR OF CLOSING TIME (whichever is earlier). Current Library hours can
be checked online at http://www.mannlib.cornell.edu/hours/today.
· Patrons must have a valid Cornell ID (equipment is available to Cornell students, staff and faculty only no proxy or privilege card holders).
· Maximum loan period is 3 days (including renewals). Renewals are not allowed. After the maximum 3 day loan period has been reached, the same equipment can not
be charged out or requested again for 48 hours.
· Patron is responsible for all pieces, returning on time and undamaged. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ITEMS ARE RETURNED ON TIME, as others may be waiting to
use the same equipment. Repair or replacement charges will be assessed for damaged or lost items.
· Late fees are 4 cents per minute, per piece. Failure to return items on time and undamaged will result not only in fines, but possible loss of future equipment borrowing
privileges. Items that are over three days late will be declared lost and you will be billed for replacement. A hold will be placed on your account at that time and you
will not be able to charge other library items out until the matter is resolved.
· Ignoring or failing to respond to overdue notices constitute a violation against the university, and may result in a complaint being filled with the Judicial
· Patrons may only request/check out one similar item at a time.
· Manuals and quick guides are available with equipment, or online (check Equipment pages on our website).
· Unscheduled walk-in support for equipment and media editing projects is limited (depending on staff availability), and only from 8am -5pm, M-F.