Summary: Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Staff Information - Short Term Exeception (STE)
· A casual or limited employee is expected to be on pay status for less than 1,000 hours in a twelve-month period (please
see below for the two options). The limited appointment will be automatically be converted to a career appointment if the
number of hours worked exceeds 1,000 hours within a twelve-month consecutive period.
1. The appointment is at 40% or less for 12 months.
2. The appointment is at any % of time for 150 days or less.
UCSD Staff Policy and Guidelines below:
· Are eligible for core benefits if the appointment is between 43.75% and 100% and does not meet the duration
requirements of mid-level or full-level benefits.
At Your Service Website:
· Are eligible for mid-level benefits if the appointment is 100% for three months or more.
Please enter the title in the link below;
· Earn no vacation, sick leave or holiday pay if the appointment is less than 50%.