Summary: How to Allow Pop-ups
Whether you are a PC or Mac user, you will need to be able to allow pop-ups on your preferred
browser in order to access various services through the SOLUS Student Center.
This document is designed to provide instructions on how to allow pop-ups for a variety of
popular internet browsers.
Further information relating to other browser / operating system combinations will be added as
they become available.
If you use a PC...
If you get the message bar "Pop-up blocked. To see this pop-up or additional options click
Internet Explorer 8
1. Click on this yellow message bar
2. Click `Always allow pop-ups from this site'
3. It will ask you, "Would you like to allow pop-ups from *.ps.queensu.ca?"
a. Click Yes
4. The screen will refresh to your SOLUS main page.
5. Your information will open in a new tab or window.
If you get the message bar "Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window":
1. Click `Options' on the message bar