Summary: Sponsored by: UGA Math Department, UGA Math Club,
UGA Parents and Families Association
Written test, 25 problems / 90 minutes
1. At the top of the left of side 1 of your scan-tron answer sheet, fill in
your last name, skip a space, fill in your first name, and then bubble
in both appropriately.
2. This is a 90-minute, 25-problem exam.
3. Scores will be computed by the formula
10 · C + 2 · B + 0 · I ,
where C is the number of questions answered correctly, B is the num-
ber left blank, and I the number of questions answered incorrectly.
Random guessing will not, on average, improve one's score.
4. No calculators, slide rules, or any other such instruments are allowed.
5. Scratchwork may be done on the test and on the three blank pages at
the end of the test. Credit will be given only for answers marked on
the scan-tron sheet.
6. If you finish the exam before time is called, turn in your scan-tron sheet
to the person in the front and then exit through the rear doors.
7. If you need another pencil, more scratch paper, or require other assis-