Summary: Academic Advising Syllabus
The University of Georgia
Franklin College of Arts & Sciences
Mission and Philosophy of the Franklin College Advising office
The Franklin College's Office of Academic Advising is dedicated to the delivery of quality advising. The mission of the Franklin College
of Arts and Sciences Office of Academic Student Services is to provide quality academic advising in an environment of trust, respect,
and mutual responsibility, while encouraging students to develop an appreciation for the enduring value of the liberal arts experience.
Advisors educate students about the unique challenges and diverse possibilities at a large university. Students are encouraged to use
resources effectively and to engage in a process of exploration and self-discovery that ultimately will lead to the realization of their
academic and professional goals.
· To demonstrate familiarity with the requirements for GenEd Core Areas I - VI and Franklin College requirements.
· To identify the resources necessary to achieve academic success.
· To understand how course progression will lead to completion of your major.
· To understand the impact of course selection.
· To identify requirements necessary to complete your degree in a timely manner.
· To complete course work successfully and avoid academic difficulty.
Academic Advising Offices
· New College, 706-542-1412