Summary: The Nurses' Certification Support Fund
The Nurses' Certification Support Fund, a special branch of the Nurses' Professional Development Fund, was
developed to assist UVAHS nurses in funding the process of achieving certifications. If approved, applicants
for initial certification will receive up to $325, and applicants for recertification will receive up to $100.
Applicants can only apply for funding once per year.
· Nurses must have already taken and passed the certification examination in order to apply for
reimbursement through the fund, and must submit a copy of their new certification card with the
· The certification being reimbursed must be one appearing on the "Eligible Certifications" list (see below).
· An application for reimbursement must be made within six (6) months of passing the certification exam.
· The applicant must have worked at UVAHS for at least one year.
· The applicant's manager must provide supportive comments on the application.
· Please note: In order to distribute limited funds as broadly as possible, each RN is eligible to receive
certification support funding only once per year.
· Recipients must commit to six (6) months of continued employment following receipt of certification
Application Process: Submit this application to the PNSO Support Office after successful completion of
the certification class (see address below). Funds are distributed based on clinical career ladder level