Summary: Employee Self-Service Banking Entry for Direct Deposit
All employees have access to initiate and update direct deposit information online once they receive a computing ID.
Self-Service is available 24 hours a day and updates are reflected immediately. Because of this access, Payroll will no
longer be accepting paper direct deposit forms.
1) Go to www.hr.virginia.edu and click on the "SSTL" button at the top to sign in to Self-Service.
2) Enter your username, which is your computing ID/email ID, and password. If you do not know your password,
click on the "reset your password" link under the log-in boxes or call (434)982-0123 Monday-Friday, from 8a-5p.
3) Click on the "UVA Employee Self-Service" link on the left.
4) Click on the "Banking Information" link.
A. Initial setup for deposit to one bank account
1. Click on the "Add Deposit Payment" button.
2. Enter "Yes" for the Reimbursement Account.
3. Account name is the name on the bank account (i.e. the employee's name).
4. Select Checking or Savings and enter the Account Number. The Account Number is not the same as the
16-digit number on an ATM/Debit card.
5. Transit Code is the bank routing number. It can be found on a check or bank statement. It must not
start with a 5, must start with a 0, 1, 2, or 3, and should be 9 digits. Do not simply select the first bank
name from the list of values, you must enter the exact routing number for your account.
6. Enter the name of the bank under Bank Name.
7. Re-enter the routing number and bank name under Bank Branch.