Summary: Language-level Non-blocking
C. Scott Ananian
Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Ananian, CRS retreat p. 1
· A transaction is a sequence of loads and stores
that either commits or aborts.
· If a transaction commits, all the loads and store
appear to have executed atomically.
· If a transaction aborts, none of its stores take
· Transaction operations aren't visible until they
commit or abort.
Ananian, CRS retreat p. 2
· Although transactions can be implemented with