Summary: Stochasticity in Gene
March 30, 2006
based on Stochasticity in Gene Expression: FromTheories to Phenotypes
by Mads Kærn,Timothy Elston,William Blake and James Collins
· Important when the number of proteins,
mRNAs, etc is small.
· Hopefully, understanding the small level
models will give insight into how these feed
into larger models.
· The models and how to simulate them.
· Interplay between the models and the
· Theoretical exploration of the models.
Deterministic Model of Gene Expression
Repressed promoter (R)