Summary: Project 150 points total
1. Proposal (15 points): Due October 19th: Five page problem introduction (with
references). Turn in a hard copy in class and submit a copy via the normal
method. In your writeup, use blue italics for statements that are dreams (rather
than actually completed research). Use green bold font for statements which
reflect your original ideas.
2. Elevator Speech on Research (10 points): Due October 19th
. This is an oral, 3
minutes presentation of what you intend to do. No powerpoints or visuals are
used for this.
3. Research Paper (100 points): Due December 9th. Turn in a hard copy in class and
submit a copy via Eagle. With this, turn in your research diary (which contains
links to papers or the pdf itself). See project grading guide so you know how it
will be graded.
4. Presentation (15 points) You will present the paper during the final examination
period. Plan on about a twenty minute time period (and about 12 power point
slides) with five minutes for questions. See the presentation grading guide so you
know how it will be graded.
5. Critique (10 points) You will be given points for your ability to give helpful