Summary: Rewards & Recognition Policy, Customer Service revised 11/21/05
Date of Plan: August 24, 2001
Organization: School of Medicine
Contact Person: Anne Kromkowski, Director of Budget and Compensation, 924-5369
1) Name of Recognition & Reward Program: Customer Service Recognition Award
2) Goal/Objective: Recognize individual exemplary incidents of customer service. This award will be
presented at the departmental level.
3) Business Reason(s) for Using Program: Encourage employees to think about the impact of their efforts
and to develop a positive, customer service oriented attitude.
4) Nomination Process, if applicable: Supervisor recognizes the service incident by thanking the
employee and providing a congratulatory letter about the event.
5) Criteria to Be Used to Differentiate Levels of Awards:
- 5 documented incidents. Award presented may be up to the policy cap.
- 10 documented incidents. Award presented may be up to the policy cap.
- 15 documented incidents. Award presented may be up to the policy cap.
6) Approval Process: Department head makes the final decision.