Summary: Updated: 4 August 2010 /Student Associate Job Description 2010-11
Department: Student and Academic Administration Department
Location: School/College as advised by the UK Office Team
Job title: Student Associate
Responsible to: Student Associate Co-ordinator
Payment and benefits: £35-40 per day for 15 day placement
Duration: October 2010 July 2011
Overall Purpose of Job:
· To undertake a 15 day school/college based placement supporting in Maths, Physics or
· To provide support to existing classroom teachers on your placement with the aim of raising
pupil attainment and aspirations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· To work with individuals or small groups of pupils on work specified by the classroom teacher.
· To observe lessons taught to pupils of different ages and abilities.
· To deliver part or whole class sessions at teacher's discretion.
· To help raise pupils' self esteem, motivation, confidence, persistence and application.