General Degree Requirements Assessment Committee Meeting
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Date, time, place: July 10, 2007, 1:30 P.M.2:35 P.M., Weir 220A
Present: Rakhim Aitbayev (Chair), Jeff Altig, Scott Zeman
1. Discuss results of the assessment of quantitative skills in Spring 2007.
2. Assessment of GDR objectives in Fall 2007.
3. Development of outcomes of GDR objectives.
The GDRA Committee agreed:
1. With the observations and recommendations of the assessment of quantitative skills in
Spring 2007 (see the attached Excel worksheet);
2. To discuss the results with the faculty who participated in the assessment.
3. That the matrix based assessment method is a useful direct assessment tool since it
involves many faculty, addresses a specific learning objective, and allows to assess a
large number of students.
4. In Fall 2007, to carry out the matrix based assessment of quantitative skills and compare
the results with those obtained in Spring 2007.
5. In Fall 2007, to carry out a matrix based assessment of one of the following learning