satisfactiona workshop for women in science
Wednesday, February 15, 7 - 9 p.m.
1001 Engineering Science Bldg. (ESB), UCSB
Given the work environments and expectations for women in academia, and the fact that a career in science is very often a way of
life and far more than a job, work-life balance satisfaction can be elusive.
This interactive program will help you:
· Examine how your current choices impact work-life balance and identify changes that will have the
biggest impact on personal and professional satisfaction
· See your personal challenges and opportunities from a fresh perspective
· Recognize the critical importance of recovering from stressors to stay motivated and engaged
· Understand how incongruence between your values/priorities and actions can drain energy and
negatively impact work-life balance satisfaction
· Maximize your energy level for improved performance and increased productivity
· Craft a personalized plan to improve your work-life balance satisfaction
r.s.v.p. here: http://tinyurl.com/work-life-workshop
This program was developed by the Association for Women in Science courtesy of a grant from the Elsevier Foundation.
presented by Tracy Blois, Ph.D.
President of the Los Angeles - Ventura Chapter of the Association for Women in Science (AWIS)