Summary: A Case For OneSwarm
University of Washington
With: Jarret Falkner,Tomas Isdal,Alex Jaffe, John P. John,
Arvind Krishnamurthy, Harsha Madhyastha and Mike Piatek
The Move to Cloud Computing
Increasing amounts of data and computing moving
into data centers:
- Search, web, email, social networking, video, ...
- Document preparation, collaborative work, ...
- Professional system management
- High availability
- Efficient for data analysis, data mining
- Lower administrative costs than do-it-yourself
- Statistical multiplexing of resources
A Gathering Storm?
Some downsides for the typical user:
- Forced to trust your provider wrt data ownership,